After establishing BRIDGE CLUB (BC), the members do a lot of activities doing their best, such as “donation”,
“education program”, “cleaning activity” and more.
And now BCIO thinks that it is better to have a common activity among all BCs aiming at the same goal. BCIO intends to decide the activity during the Peace Ambassador (PA) Program with all the PAs.
The underway common activity is as follows.
We all love to travel. It's exciting, fun and sometimes even life changing.
Before anyone goes on a trip, they research where they are going. Travel books, online guides, talking to friends and family, we love to know what we are going to see and do, and hate missing out. The best tips come from people who know the country the best, the locals. APCC has locals all through the Asia Pacific. What better way for you to get tips from the locals than to hear them from other APCC members?
Travel Lookouts is a travel guide written by locals to ensure you don't miss the best bits when you next go on holiday. BRIDGE CLUB Members and former APCC Participants will upload local stories on the Travel Lookouts Blog, APCC Facebook page and BCIO website, and also share information to share the APCC mission and vision so that external users learn about the APCC while using the guide too.
Through this project, we hope to spread the unique beauty of countries around the world and strengthen the network of global citizens.
* Each BC has to submit at least 4 articles to the Travel Lookouts Blog. One submission has to be written by the country's BC after travelling together as a group and reporting and sharing photos of the location. The other three submissions can be made by individual BC members but they must have been to the location and have personal photos to share.
* The content should include:
- Name of location
- Things to see and do
- Budget (cost of staying, meals, transportation, sites entry fees)
- Climate, weather, good time to visit
- Interesting landmarks, activities and cultural facts
- How to get there (transportation alternatives)
- A story about when you visited, what you did and what you enjoyed
* The article must mention at least a short introduction of APCC, BC, BCIO and attach the link of APCC & BCIO websites.
* Photographs used in article must be taken by BC members. At least 2 photographs must be submitted; One with the location and another one with BC members & location. Photographs should be either a jpg or png file.
*Submissions should all be accompanied by a
- A short introduction of the article
- Country Name
- Article Author(s):
* Articles can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org and then will be posted on the Travel Lookouts Blog. Links to the article on the blog will then be shared on social media.
1st two articles Submission Deadline- January 15th
2nd two articles Submission Deadline- May 15th
Best Articles Award
The top three articles will receive awards during the 2017 PA Camp. A panel of judges will select the winning articles based on Facebook "Likes", "Comments", "Creativity, Content & BC members involvement".